Thursday, March 12, 2015

Leading off

Ever since I came to the Monterey Herald nearly three years ago, I've wanted to start up a blog. That day has finally come as today marks the premiere of The Lead.

While the lede (first paragraph) of a newspaper article should be direct and to the point, this blog will be all over the place. First and foremost, I wanted a place for all of my leftovers from stories that I cover. My first post after this introduction will look at the North Salinas High girls basketball team, which I covered Wednesday night.

In addition, I plan on writing about our local Monterey County high school and college sports teams, advanced statistics in sports, golf from Pebble Beach and the surrounding areas, motor sports at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, action sports like mountain biking and bicycle motocross, a touch of coverage and analysis on the pro and college teams from the Bay Area, and anything else sports related that's on my mind.

Thanks for checking out The Lead and here's to many posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment